What has two thumbs and is now officially a Costa Rican?
I recently got Costa Rican citizenship (but without the intention of giving up my American citizenship, dear reader…and dear reader at the American Embassy!). I got it because after being married to a Costa Rican and residing in the country for two years, it’s given to people who ask for it. So I asked for it, mainly because I hated renewing my residency every few years, which was an annoying and costly process. So now I don’t need to do that, and I guess it could have other benefits, too. For example, Angela paid a lot less for her Chinese visa than I did. She also didn’t need any kind of visa or entry fee for Turkey or Argentina, but I did. So even though (or maybe specifically because) Costa Rica is a borderline “third world” country according to some measurements, membership can have its privileges… or so I hope! I guess we’ll see…
Anyhow, I know it’s been a while since I last posted, but things have been busy. That’s the nature of bureaucracy, after all! But I’m hoping to post more in the coming weeks and months. Thanks for reading!
Latest posts by Sitzman (see all)
- International Coffee Day - 2016-09-29
- Tico-ish Episode 6 – Perfect Gifts for Gringos and Ticos - 2016-08-24
- Tourist Attraction Review: Kalambu Hot Springs Water Park in La Fortuna - 2016-07-30
- Tico-ish Episode 4: The Best Places in La Fortuna - 2016-07-21
- Shopping in Costa Rica – A New Episode of Tico-ish - 2016-07-10