I was eating at my in-laws’ house the other day when my mother-in-law gave me this:
If you don’t know what that is, then you don’t know Costa Rica. It’s a chorreada, also called a chorreada de elote. Actually, it’s three of them. It’s basically ground fresh corn that’s cooked like a pancake and served with heavy sour cream. They’re quite tasty, although my wife claims they make you fart. You can be the judge.
In any case, I wanted to share the picture, and include this link to a post I wrote on my personal blog a few years ago. If you want to make these at home, they’re very easy, and the post has pictures and step-by-step instructions to make them. I’m pretty sure it’s corn season in some parts of the world, so give it a shot! If you do try them out, tell me how it goes!
Thanks for reading, and buen provecho!
Latest posts by Sitzman (see all)
- International Coffee Day - 2016-09-29
- Tico-ish Episode 6 – Perfect Gifts for Gringos and Ticos - 2016-08-24
- Tourist Attraction Review: Kalambu Hot Springs Water Park in La Fortuna - 2016-07-30
- Tico-ish Episode 4: The Best Places in La Fortuna - 2016-07-21
- Shopping in Costa Rica – A New Episode of Tico-ish - 2016-07-10