Hello again! I’ve been traveling out of Costa Rica for the last month or so, so I guess I really have been a Costa Rica Outsider of late. I’ve been pretty busy, but I have found a bit of time to record a new episode of Tico-ish with my friend Christa from Pura Vida Moms! You can check it out here:
This episode is all about gifts. We talk about what kinds of things we take to give to people when we’re visiting the US or Costa Rica. So if you’re considering a trip to Costa Rica and you’ll be staying with or meeting up with locals, check out some of Christa’s great tips.
And if you’re not sure what to bring back for the folks back home when you leave Costa Rica, I share a few ideas of some time-honored classics that have worked very well for me over the last 10 years.
Oh, and the one thing we forgot: Lizano sauce. That’s a surprisingly popular condiment that people in Costa Rica use to make gallo pinto, the term for rice and beans.
So, check it out and let us know what you think!
Latest posts by Sitzman (see all)
- International Coffee Day - 2016-09-29
- Tico-ish Episode 6 – Perfect Gifts for Gringos and Ticos - 2016-08-24
- Tourist Attraction Review: Kalambu Hot Springs Water Park in La Fortuna - 2016-07-30
- Tico-ish Episode 4: The Best Places in La Fortuna - 2016-07-21
- Shopping in Costa Rica – A New Episode of Tico-ish - 2016-07-10